When is this year’s Wine Festival?
Saturday, AUGUST 6th, 2016 from 1-4 p.m.
What is new this year?
Patrons will receive a souvenir wine glass PLUS a souvenir beer glass. We are introducing more new breweries and wineries than ever. For more more information see Wineries and Breweries Attending last year.
How much are tickets, and how can I get them?
Tickets are $45 each and include a souvenir wine glass & beer glass. Reserve yours at email@example.com. (Reservations close 5pm Friday 5th). You can also buy tickets now at the Galiano Health Care Centre, Galiano Garage, Galiano Island Books, The Corner Store, Galiano Oceanfront Inn & Spa, Twirly Tree (Post Office), and at the Saturday Farmer’s Market on Burrill Rd at the Lion’s Field.
Can we walk to the Festival from the Sturdies Bay Ferry Terminal?
Yes. The Lions’ Field is within walking distance. It is approximately a 15 minute walk from the ferry terminal.
What about from the Montague Harbour Marina & Campground?
It is about 4 kilometres from Montague Harbour to the Lions Park, so only you can be the judge of this, but it would probably not be advisable.
Can I bring children to this event?
No, this is an adult event and due to liquor licensing issues we are not able to allow minors to attend.
Can I bring my dog to this event? No, pets/dogs are not permitted on the Festival site.
What are the special liquor licence regulations ?
New liquor regulations are in effect in BC that require:
1) The Wine Festival is an adult only event; no minors can be on site
2) Fines of $230 for any liquor taken off site and for being intoxicated in a public place
3) Intoxicated patrons cannot be on roadways nor on site. Free shuttle will be available
4) Information booth on site to assist you in having a safe and enjoyable festival experience
5) We are working with the RCMP to ensure we are in compliance, but the Festival’s flavour remains the same
STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION!